London's Royal Parks
1 February 2011
UK supplier of Eco-counter, Traffic Technology Limited, has announced that it has supplied London's Royal Parks with several of its Eco Pyro Compact pedestrian counters, in order to record the number of visitors to two of the most popular sites in the parks. The eight Royal Parks cover 5,000 acres of parkland and receive millions of visitors each year. The pedestrian counters have been installed to monitor figures at the Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park and in the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground in Kensington Gardens, which is visited by over 750,000 every year.
The Eco Pyro Compact uses the patented Eco-counter pyroelectric sensor to deliver a reliable method for counting both pedestrians and cyclists. A Fresnel lens sensitive to the infrared radiation emitted by the human body detects each time a person passes. The narrowness of the area scanned, means that two pedestrians following each other closely can be counted. To avoid false count generation from vegetation movement or the sun, each pedestrian passage is analyses in four points by a sophisticated algorithm. The cell will work whatever the temperature; even when the outdoor temperature is higher that the body heat. The Pyro system, which is easy to install and requires no in-ground sensors, has a ten year battery life and a memory capacity of over 10 months. Data from the counter is downloaded to the dedicated Eco Xchange software for evaluation and reporting.
Managing director of Traffic Technology, Richard Toomey, commented: "The Royal Parks wanted a pedestrian counter that was both accurate and unobtrusive. The Eco Pyro has a customised mounting kit, which enables it to be discreetly installed in any location, making it ideal for applications where it is important that the equipment is not noticeable."
Counts since January 1st
- Bem-vindo International Events Why Count? Video Quick tour Bem-vindo
- Pedestrians Sensors Bicycles Sensors Vehicles Sensors Eco-Combo Data collection Eco-Visio's Software Additional Products Services Photo Gallery Solutions
- Team Manufacture Resarch and development Suppliers Company
- Clients London's Royal Parks Study of the Traffic Flow in Parks Use case in Perros Guirec Interview Natural Park, France Interview Natural Park, Belgium Use case, Spain Customers Alliance References
- Bem-vindo Geral Material Atendimento ao Cliente Support
- República Portuguesa Distributors Contact